Andaman and Nicobar Islands are considered as a dream destination of most tourists Worldwide. The Island is rich in history, culture, serene shores, verdant forests, plenty of amazing water activities,and spellbinding nature. The location and on time activities are enough to make you sure and fascinate you to plan an excursion to Andaman. However, the travel budget is a matter of concern for several tourists depending upon their lifestyle. Here are some tips one can use if they have a tight budget and want to keep a low cost trip.
Guide to a budget friendly trip to Andaman And Nicobar:
- Plan your trip in advance
Planning your trip in advance is a key to enjoying a budget friendly trip. Taking everything from scheduling and booking your flights to hotels, and other aspects of the tour in advance surely helps you in making good savings and getting the benefit of discount offers also. If you are deciding to go for a short trip, choose to spend at least 2 nights in Port Blair and 1 night at Havelock. Also, to save time make a list of destinations to visit and all the interesting, enjoyable things to do in Andaman. Good research and preparation can help you discover some economical ways to explore Andaman easily.
- Determine and finalize your air and sea travel carefully
To plan a budget trip to Andaman for plenty of days, the best option is to travel at least one way via ship to reduce your trip expenses. It will result in a good exposure and also help you make good savings. If you are going for air travel both ways then, book your flights many months in advance as it will avail you with discount deals and savings.
- Try to choose economical local Public transport
While you are planning your tour through Andaman, try to choose to travel via bus and other public economical touring options that are cost efficient and won’t cost a fortune. All the well-known tourist spots are actually well-connected by an efficient network of bus transmission. Going for taxis might not be a good option. Choose a taxi only when you have no other option as taxi travel in Andaman is insanely expensive and will add bulk to your budget.
- Select the option of budget/ economical accomodation
Choosing economical or budget accommodation options is quite necessary. Booking hotels in less commercialized locations can also cost you less. Also, such hotels and good rest houses with all the basic amenities can help you save money and result in being pocket friendly. Try booking an Andaman package with a good travel company as they will provide you with adequate packages. Such packages will help you in getting best accommodation deals at discount or comparatively low price.
- Prior to the trip make list of places you need to visit
A quick way to save time and effort is determining the locations to visit beforehand. Listing down various attractions to visit in Andaman in advance can prove to be economical. Make sure you have places like Port Blair, Havelock Island, Baratang Island, Neil Island, and Jolly Buoy Island on your list. They are the top spots and should be discovered.
- Make a list of budget friendly activities and enjoy them.
Try to enjoy the budget friendly activities in Andaman. Water sports and basic activities are an inevitable part of the Andaman tourism package. Some fun-filled activities that won’t leave a hole in your pocket and are fun to attempt can be listed.
Activities such like:
- Kayaking: It refers to having fun by invading the water at Havelock Island.
- Trekking: A trek to Limestone Caves when in Baratang Island is a fun activity. The trek will provide you with good moments to cherish and admire.
- Fishing: Plan a fishing tour to Cinque Island as it’s an amazing experience. The view is breathtaking and one can enjoy quality time over there.
- Underwater Activities: various underwater activities like Snorkelling at Elephant Beach, sea walking at North Bay Island, and scuba diving at Havelock Island won’t cost you in bulk. They are pocket friendly and provide you with good experience and exposure to the sea.
- Coral Safari: If you plan to travel with kids, then you must go for Coral Safari Semi Submarine. Kids love the place and it will be fun for sure.
- Birdwatching: Try to Visit Chidiya Tapu and spot lovely birds. It is a great place for nature lovers and one can enjoy the beautiful scenery and majestic view.
- Glass Bottom Boat Ride: Watch incredible underwater world through a glass bottom boat only at Andaman. This is a must attempt ride and you must strive for it