Marketing an online course can be challenging. But it doesn’t have to be! Let’s find out How to market your online course and succeed.
Follow these 8 steps to launch your next online course with ease and create a marketing plan that will help you reach your target audience.
Choose the right platform
The first step in marketing your online course is choosing the right platform. As good start, this can be helpful for How to market your online course and succeed.
There are many options out there, but you want to make sure that the platform you choose has all of the following qualities:
- Target audience, You should choose a platform where your target audience is likely to be active. This will help ensure that people who need and want your course find it and sign up for it.
- Ease of use, It’s important that whatever tool or software you use has an interface that makes sense for both beginners and experts alike. So they can easily navigate through their learning experience without getting overwhelmed. By complicated menus or buttons they don’t understand how to use (or even recognize). The best way to assess ease-of-use before trying out any given product yourself is by looking. At reviews from other users; if most reviewers say something like “I had no idea what I was doing when I started using this thing. But now I’ve gotten pretty good at it!” then chances are good that this particular piece of software might be worth checking out further!
Create a marketing plan
Creating a marketing plan is the first step to successfully promoting your online course.
A lot of people skip this, but it’s not something you can afford to do if you want to make money with your online course.
The first thing that needs to be done is defining the target audience and problem, solution, goals and budget for your marketing efforts.
Then we need our timeline for when everything will happen so we can keep track of how things are going along the way or if there are any changes.
Needed based on sales results or customer feedback from beta testers who have been using our product before its launch date (or even after).
Set up your website and landing page
Once you have a website, it’s time to set up your landing page. The landing page is where people will go when they click on your link or ad.
You want this page to be as targeted as possible so that only people who are interested in what you’re selling will see it and sign up for the course.
Setting up an email list (and using it) is also an important part of marketing your online course.
Email lists allow you to collect information about potential customers and send them updates, offers, etc., at any time.
Not just when they’re visiting your website or blog posts related specifically about the product being sold through those channels
Build an email list
Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach your audience. It’s also one of the easiest forms of marketing to do yourself.
And it doesn’t require a ton of technical knowledge or money.
Email lists are an essential tool for any business owner who wants to grow their business in 2019 and beyond.
If you’ve never built an email list before, it can seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be!
There are plenty of tools out there that make building an opt-in form easy enough even for beginners (and free!).
Once you have an email list set up, here are some ways how you can use this tool:
- Send newsletters every week with information about new courses or products available on your website;
- Promote special offers periodically (such as discounts);
- Share educational blog posts relevant for your target audience;
Create killer content around your course
You have a course, and now you need to market it. But how do you get people interested?
The best way to market your online course is by creating killer content around it. Another good way How to market your online course and succeed.
When you’re creating this kind of content, think about what would be most helpful for the students who are considering taking your class.
What information do they need before signing up? How can you make yourself more relatable as an instructor?
Think about how much time they’ll have available each week–and then create manageable chunks of information that fit within those parameters.
Don’t overwhelm people with too much information at once! You want them feeling like they’re in control rather than overwhelmed by all the things they could be doing if only…
Promote your course on social media platforms. Consider creating a Facebook group.
Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms, so it’s a good place to promote your course.
Consider creating a Facebook group for people who are interested in what you’re teaching and want to connect with each other. This would be perfect for How to market your online course and succeed.
You can use this group to promote your course and also help students with course material and other questions about their learning process.
Create a podcast or video series to give students more access to you and your expertise.
Another great way to market your online course is by creating a podcast or video series. You can use this to answer common questions, teach new skills, and provide additional resources.
You might be thinking: “But I’m not an expert at anything!” That’s okay, you don’t need to be an expert in order for people to benefit from what you share.
But if you’re looking for some inspiration on how someone else has done it successfully (and still does), check out my friend Heather Jones’ podcast about marketing.
For small businesses called The Small Business Marketing Show. She covers topics like social media strategy and content creation.
With minimal technical jargon so anyone can understand what she’s talking about!
These eight steps will help you market your online course and greatly increase your success
- Choose the right platform
- Create a marketing plan
- Set up your website and landing page, including an email list signup form (and make sure you’re ready to collect emails!)
- Build killer content around your course, including blog posts or videos that can be used as lead magnets in exchange for an email address (this is where most people will sign up)
- Promote your course on social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram–consider creating a Facebook group if it’s appropriate for your audience
Marketing your online course can be a daunting task. But with the right tools and strategies.
You can ensure that you’re reaching your audience and making the most of their time investment in your program.
By following these eight steps, you’ll be well on your way to creating an amazing experience for both yourself and your students!